Looking to Study in Australia?

VisaTEC Legal can help you or your child
with your Student Visa application process.

Higher Learning in the Land Down Under

If you’re planning to further your studies, or your child would like to pursue their education in Australia, the student Visa migration program is for you. Our migration consultants in Melbourne will be able to guide you through the process, helping you assess your eligibility and proceeding with your application.

This student Visa option is available for people who wish to undertake various levels of education in Australia. It allows you to enter Australia and take on a variety of programs, including English studies, trade or other vocational studies, and degrees and post-graduate studies. The successful completion of certain programs may enable the candidate to have a streamlined pathway to permanent residency.

Student Visa

This option is for those wishing to undertake various level educational studies in the country. Generally, those with student Visas are able to enter Australia and study various levels of programs from English studies, trade or other vocational studies as well as degrees and post-graduate studies. Successful completion of certain programs may enable the candidate to have a streamlined pathway to permanent residency.

Visa Options

Read below for your requirement type.

From 1 January 2013, the department is not accepting any new applications for the following Visas:

  • Skilled – Sponsored (Residence) Visa (Subclass 886)
  • Skilled – Independent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 885)
  • Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 487)

If you are interested in the Points Tested skilled migration you must submit an Expression of Interest and receive an invitation in order to lodge a Visa application. SkillSelect is an online service that enables skilled workers and business people interested in migrating to Australia to record their details to be considered for a skilled Visa through an Expression of Interest.

English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS)

Applies to stand-alone English language courses that lead to a certificate I, II, III or IV, or that result in no formal Australian award.


Primary or Secondary School Course

Applies to Primary, Junior secondary or Senior secondary school courses, and approved Secondary school exchange programs


Vocational Education and Training (VET) / TAFE

Applies to Certificates I, II, III or IV (except ELICOS), Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Vocational Graduate Certificate or Vocational Graduate Diploma Courses.


Higher Education

Applies to a Bachelor degree, associate degree, graduate certificate, graduate diploma, or Masters by coursework.


Postgraduate Research

Applies to Masters by Research or a Doctoral degree (DBA / PhD).



Applies to non-award foundation studies, or other full-time courses or components of courses not leading to an Australian award.


AusAID and Defence

Applies to students sponsored by AusAID or the Australian Department of Defence undertaking full-time courses of any type.


Student Guardians

Parents or relatives can apply for a Visa to stay in Australia as the guardian of a student who is studying in Australia.

VisaTEC Legal

Education Visa Australia

Interested individuals or parties can contact VisaTEC Legal today in starting their
Visa application process in Australia.